Monday, April 15, 2013

Rest in Peace, friend.

These past few days have been terrible...

Jen passed away Saturday morning. 
I woke up and knew something wasn't right. The sky was overcast, and the birds weren't singing. I checked my phone before crawling my lazy bum out of bed, and I found a text from my mom asking for me to call her when I had the chance. Suspicion snuck up on me, so dialed her number. On the third ring she picked up with a "Hey baby, how are you doing?", and that was the moment I knew Jen had gone. I know my mother very well, and she didn't usually pick up with that sort of phrase. Not saying that she doesn't care how I'm doing, though, so don't be mistaken.


While I'm sad that Jen is gone I also find myself relieved because I know that the pain she had endured has now ceased. She has left behind a loving husband and an adoring son, and for them my heart hurts the most. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a parent, and I hope I don't have to find out for quite some time. I know that they will get through this hard time, though. ♥




Rest in Peace, Jen. 

You will forever have a place in our hearts.

Gone but never forgotten. 

~ Always Yours,
Megan

1 comment: