Saturday, April 27, 2013

Phone Calls & Sweet Smiles

Yesterday I got the best surprise I've received so far. I received a phone call from Joe! Now before you go and get as excited as I am I have to tell you that the circumstances in which I got the phone call were unfortunate. However, Joe is almost done with basic training and will be graduating on time with his classmates. 

Just hearing his voice last night makes me that much more anxious to see him again. It is soooo close. We leave in 10 days to make the 13 hour trip to South Carolina, I have 11 days until I see his smiling face, and in just 12 days he will officially be a United States soldier. 

I am so very proud of Joe. When I think of all of the tears I've shed over the time he's spent away my pride in him and in what he's doing overshadows any of the pain that I've felt. We still have 16 weeks to go after he graduates from BCT before he comes home, but I know that if it's anything like the time he's been at basic it will go by quickly. Plus, I get to talk to him more frequently than I did while he was training in SC, so that makes it even easier. ☺

I love my man more than anything in the world. 


~ Always Yours,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment