Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Wiccan Path; Questions.

For those of you who don't know...I'm a practicing Wiccan. I am also a "witch". Reading this may come as a shock, but it's something that I'm very passionate about, and have been for quite some time. There are so many things that I want to write about it, but I know that in order to do so I need to clarify some things first and foremost. Many people have questions and I've never been the type of person to shun another because they are curious about it. I'm also not the type to judge a person merely because they have chosen to judge me, so if you don't like that I'm a Wiccan and Witch I won't think any less of you. It's your choice, and following the Wiccan path is mine. Now for some of the more common questions I've been asked...

~ Q: Are Wiccans Satanists? A: This is actually the most common question I get. Not that it surprises me. Most people are either misinformed or have absolutely no idea what Wicca is. No, Wiccans are not Satanists. Satan is a Christian figure; not a Wiccan one.


~ Q: What is Wicca? A: Wicca is a nature-based religion. Wicca is actually a fairly new religion, but the practice that it stems from pre-dates most religions today. 

~ Q: How long have you been practicing Wicca? A: I have been practicing since I was in the 5th grade. I got my first book, "Teen Witch" by Silver Ravenwolf, and have been fascinated ever since. I became more focused in my practice when I entered high school, though, and that led to me having my dedication to the Craft last summer. 

~ Q: Why Wicca? A: Wicca is the only place I feel like I spiritually belong. There are so many people out there who don't have something they can look to for guidance in their lives, and I can gladly say that I'm not one of them. I just ask the Goddess for help, and I know that she will help steer me in the right direction.


~ Q: What are rituals/spells like? A: I can't really discuss what goes on within rituals and/or spells. I can tell you that as Wiccans we live by the Wiccan Rede which is "An it harm none, do what ye will". We will not do something to harm another, and we will not choose to use spellcraft as a form of manipulation or against someone's free will; i.e. love spells.

~ Q: How do I become a Wiccan? A: I would suggest reading. Lots and lots of reading. The first thing you have to do is decide whether or not it's the right path for you, and that can take years. There are so many prejudices these days that some people can chicken out of their dedication because they don't want to risk what society might or might not think of them afterwards. Its a difficult decision that shouldn't be taken lightly. :) 


There are a lot of other questions, but these are the most common I receive. I hope you all enjoyed what you read. If you have any further questions don't be afraid to leave them in comments. Have a blessed day, friends! 


Always Yours,
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Religion is for those who fear hell. Spirituality is for those of us who have already been there!

    ReplyDelete